Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

Its a 2011 fx35 with 69000 miles. The engine light on the

Customer Question

its a 2011 fx35 with 69000 miles. The engine light on the dashboard came on. The engine was skipping, less power, rough running, and smoke coming out of one tailpipe.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i gave it to a service station close to my house, but concerned that they may not know or may go overboard on repairs.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back!

A live optional phone call will be automatically offered by JustAnswer, you can accept or if you decide to decline we can continue with text until you feel the live call would be better suited to you.

Was the smoke color white and was it consistent?

was the check engine light on steady or flashing?

at 69k ,has the spark plugs and ignition coils been replaced?

did it overheat on you ?

did the shop use a scanner and retrieve the fault code from that check engine light? do you know what the code is

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the smoke was white and I only drove the car less than a mile. I saw the smoke when I exited the car and turned off the engine. The light was steady. the car has had all of the proper maintenance and servicing. The plugs nad coils were changed out within 5000 miles. It didn't overheat. But I didn't go very far. the shop hasn't done anything yet. The mechanics are doing other cars.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Smoke was coming out one tailpipe only.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i'm not repairing it myself

hey yes , i m here

this could be MAF ,mass air flow sensor or fuel injector ,since the coils and plugs been replaced

the smoke was from tail pipe only correct not from under engine ?

can you call them and ask them if they scaned it and what was the fault code ?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
they wont get to my car until tomorrow. the smoke was from a tailpipe

that is low mileage for oil issue to be smoking , I believe the white smoke is exessive fuel not oil

since been serviced and no prior issues

let me know i can help you further

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

You are very Welcome

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800