Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 g37x I think the steering wheel is locked won't start.

Customer Question
2011 g37x I think...

2011 g37x I think the steering wheel is locked won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Push start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37x yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing came out of store and it wouldn't start saying locked

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 9 days ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question..

Can you see if the Steering wheel is locked?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
How do I know if the wheel is locked?
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It's not locked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

See if your car is acting this same way as a video I made..

If the car is acting exactly as the video, you will need a steering lock control unit. How ever, the video should assist you on how to get the car started for now

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
That's not what my car doing

Ok.. So what is it doing exactly?

Keep in mind, I know about the brake pedal. It is normal for it to get hard after it has been pressed a couple times when the car is off.