Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My EX-35 passenger door wont open. I suspect a faulty

Customer Question
My EX-35 passenger door...

My EX-35 passenger door wont open. I suspect a faulty actuator. How do I get the door open to replace it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your EX35?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - nothing. I can't get the door open

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
5/30/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If the door will not open from the inside or the outside usually this is the latch itself at fault. The lock can jamb in the latch causing this issue here or the latch release will fail internally.

Unfortunately in this situation with the door closed the only way to access the latch to replace it is by removing the door interior trim paneling then using a flat blade screwdriver or a locksmith to try and manually move the latch levers to open it.

When the door is stuck closed like this here this usually damaged the door paneling when it is removed to where the paneling has to then be repaired after the latch is replaced or the paneling replaced. There is no easy way to do this as usually the paneling has to have all screws removed that you can access and then pried off.

You can also try and contact a locksmith to see if they can use their tools from the outside of the vehicle to try and open it without damaging anything as sometimes this can be done.

But unfortunately, these are the only ways to open it when it is stuck closed like you see here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete