Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 infinity g35 bottomed out and oxygen harness ripped…

Customer Question
2008 infinity g35 bottomed...

2008 infinity g35 bottomed out and oxygen harness ripped out. Trying to match the 4 wires from the sensor to the 4 wires from the engine harness

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Sensor 2, bank 1

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
5/29/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you trying to match the wiring on the Sensor or on the harness side of the connector? Cause if the harness was damaged on the sensor side of the wiring that may require a new sensor.

Let me know..

Were assuming sensor is good for now. Just trying to match the sensor wiring to the engine wiring
Both the male & female connectors were pulled off

Are you talking about the Black and White wiring from the sensor to the connector?

Coming from the sensor are 4 wires (black, gray, white, white). Coming from the engine the 4 wires are (black, white, green, pink). We need to know how to match them up because the connectors are missing.

Yeah.. There is going to be no way to match those wires up. You are going to need to replace the sensor.

The wiring diagram only provides wiring coloring to the connector. From the connector to the sensor is fixed from the manufacture. There is no information on which wire is what at the sensor if the wires are broken. The black of course would go to black and gray to gray. But the White.. since there is two of them. No way to know! Because of this, sensor replacement is recommended. If wired incorrectly, Computer damage can occur

If you know the pin#/color matching on the engine side that would be helpful, because even with a new sensor we have to match the new connector with those 4 wires from the engine harness

Bank 1 Sensor 2. So this is the Passenger Rear 02 sensor correct?

The engine harness wires are black, white, green, pink. If you can tell us what pin numbers on the connector they correspond with would be very helpful

I can give you the wiring diagram if you like.

Just want to make sure we have the correct location before I share it. So let me know..

Wiring diagram would be great
Sensor 2, bank 1. Passenger side of car

That is the complete Engine control wiring diagrams. The connectors and wire colors follow after the diagram so you can color match them if you want to try to match it.

Yeah we have that diagram already. Ok thanks for your time.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!