Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

CAR OVER HEATING. I CHANGED THE RADIATER AN THERMOSTAT

Customer Question
CAR OVER HEATING Mechanic's...

CAR OVER HEATING

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

I CHANGED THE RADIATER AN THERMOSTAT TODAY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2006 Infiniti m35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

A mechanic changed the radiator and thermostat. Coolant level is good. No leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

N9 No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
5/28/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These cars require the coolant system to be bleed a particular way. If not bleed, can lead to over heating. Give me a min and I will explain how to bleed the coolant system

To bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket ( See Links for images ). Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. I also turn the engine off a couple times and wait 2 or 3 mins to let the air pocket move and bubble out. In the mean time you want to check your vents to see if your getting heat. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat.

These steps will take up to a hour to a hour a 1/2 to bleed the system properly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97ipncnwtv7xnf3/fill%20rad.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2i52ar8btg8foy/Fill%20Rad%202.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb6bf0qwmullrra/fill%20rad%20bleed%20coolant.jpg?dl=0

Give the steps I typed out for you a try and that will help get all the air pockets out of the coolant system to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!