Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a G-37 2010 X. And the display screen will not light…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a G-37 2010 X. And the display screen will not light up . The radio still works but can not see the menu screen at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes if it is a 10 amp under the dash along side of the em. Brake peddle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the fuse or what I thought was the fuse . The car only has 28153 miles on it ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I don't have an I=phone to get apps . just an old flip phone with simple texting
5/28/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 26 days ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is the car equip with navigation?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No sir : Jay

Lets try something.

Lets disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it and see if the screen starts to work and let me know..

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you I don't want to get in to a lot of money on here , just write me an E-mail
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** try this .

That is fine.. We can go back and forth like this.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you , I have it off now . for about 5 mins so far
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi I'm just running back and forth to my computer .

No problem.. Take your time... Let me know how you make out after the hard reset it done.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I will thank you

Your welcome.. I am here waiting to hear how this works out

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
You don't have to send me any more text because I can't use them with my phone .

ok

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hello , Still nothing . I tried putting it in reverse too and no camera just black screen . How many fuses are there

If the Reset did not work, then you would need to check all fuses with a Test light to start. If all fuses are good, then I would see if I can put the system in to Self Diag ( just don't make any changes to the information ).

Do you know how to put the system into Self Diag?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have an Apple I computer
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are all the display fuses along side of the drivers side ,and not under the hood ?
I don't know how the self diagnose

To put into Self Diag, you turn the radio off, press and hold the settings button and turn the volume knob counter clock wise. Then see if you get the Self diag screen.

If not, yes, you want to check all inside fuses with a test light and under the hood by the battery

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you I will do this now with acc mode on right ?

Ignition ON or Engine running.. Doesn't matter.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
OK . I will do this now

ok

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hin Jay , Crazy thing ? The radio well not turn off with the button ,just volume up and down . Pushing it does not work !

The button does not turn the Radio off?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It did before but not now ,and I tried the steering wheel too and nothing . Volume works

That could be due to a front button plate assembly. Do you see the volume on the screen?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No the screen is black . I can search music with the search buttons ,and go from radio to stored music but screen is black

If the radio does not turn off, that could be the front button panel. But you could have a bad screen as well if all fuses check out.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I still have to check all the fuses ,But at 72 and fat it isn't easy yet do LOL .Is there front panel fuse ? the buttons seem to work around the display ,but display is black and I can't see what is on the screen . This is my baby so I'll keep trying what ever you say . Thank you again

there is no fuses for the front button panel. So if the power button is not working, that is most commonly a panel issue. The fact the Radio works and the display screen does not, that is most likely a screen, but I would check all fuses with a test light first before condemning the screen

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are there any display fuse under the hood by the battery ? This is G-37 X 2010 cp.

Let me double check for you. .. Hang on..

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
OK

No fuses for the display screen. It is either a screen or a Radio issue causing your problem

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you Jay for all you patients . Your a good guy . I'll still try to check all the fuses top and bottom ones . I once smelled a micarta smell awhile back . so who knows . With todays prices at the dealer ship I'd have small fortune tided up . I don't care about the radio just the back ups camera . I'm a disabled Navy Vet and can't hear much anymore . Thanks again

May want to look into a Used Screen instead of spending at the dealer. It doesn't require any programming.

Your welcome and thank you for your Services !!

Thanks Jay!

Happy Memorial Day!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
You too Buddy !

Thanks