Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

M35 that wont start with key fob light on dash board as well…

Customer Question
M35 that wont start...

M35 that wont start with key fob light on dash board as well as airbag light dimming in and out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

It makes humming buzzing sound under the hood near where would be the driver side.. unattach one battery terminal sound goes away put it back on and the sound comes back on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your M35?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Friend mechanic replaced battery multiple times... also the headlight flash high beams and windshield wipers go off without car being on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has to be electrical issue with headlights and wipers coming on with car being off

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
5/26/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you try jump starting the car?

Yea man i told u all the electrical stuff going on definetly not the battery or needing a jump......

The wipers coming on sounds like a bad IPDM or Body Control Module. Does the car start or ignition come on?

When it does this nothing comes on except key fob on dashboard along with air bag signal faintly flashing humming buzzing sound under hood near driver side

Does the Hazard lights work? did you try putting the remote into the slot?

Did you change the battery or jump start the car before this happened?

all that has been done

This problem, I am rewinding to where it started. What did you do exactly before this happened? I think I know what happened, just trying to be sure.

Tried jumps, changing batteries in car and key fob checked all fuses

Ok... So this car is very sensitive on how a it is jump started. So what most likely happened is a couple control units were shorted out. So what needs to be done is the cluster needs to be removed to manually power the PCM. Once the PCM is manually powered, your ignition and everything will come on. Once on, then you can do CAN diagnostics.

CAN diagnostics is when you do a communication check between all control units. If you find a particular control unit not communicating, then that control module would need to be checked and replaced as needed.

Most cases I see when this happens after a Jump Start or Battery replacement, the Ecm & Bcm are two main control units I find get damaged from the voltage surge.