Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 infiniti i35. Need instructions on replacing throttle…

2002 infiniti i35. Need instructions...
2002 infiniti i35. Need instructions on replacing throttle body. Thanks
5/26/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks we got it done

No problem. Did you do the Idle Relearn once you changed it? Aldo, make sure you get the electronic throttle chamber from the dealer. After market ones never work right.

I tried the relearn but it didn't work. Got the part from rock auto. Taking it to shop for relearn. Thanks.

If you got the part from rock auto, it may not work.

Ok will check back in after shop tries it. Thanks

Your welcome

Shop said it is not the throttle body, but the cat conv.

What is going on with the car? You never really told me?

Will not get over 40mph

Does it bog and loose power at that speed? Any codes stored?

No codes. It struggles to get to 40, then stays there.

Monitoring 02 sensors should determine if there is a catt converter issue with out dropping the exhaust.

Can you monitor short term fuel trim?

Mechanic removed front right and front left cats. Left was completely blocked and right was also in poor condition. Could not recommend rear due to rusted bolts. Will try again tomorrow . Replacing all 3.

Yes, Then that can certainly cause lack of power due to exhaust restriction

Pardon should be could not remove rear, not recommend.

Sorry? I don't understand your last comment?

I was just correcting a typo in my previous comment
Still not understanding..

Did you require any more help on this?

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no. the final cause was fuel pump. replaced and passed emissions,