Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Headlight are not working only? We do check fuses, and we…

Customer Question
Headlight are not working...

Headlight are not working only?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes we do check fuses, and we have energy all the way to the balaster!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

QX56 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i took it to electrical shoop, but they told me that i need to replace balaster and bulbs with a $800.00 cost plus labor, but before i will like to have other opinion, can two headlight fail a t the same time?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why they fail at the same time?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Infiniti
4/3/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

If you have power to the ballasts and nothing coming out, then the ballasts are the problem. However, I would suggest replacing a bulb first. This is because it's possible to have an issue with the bulb, and if the bulb is burned out that would make the ballast look bad. Sometimes what happens is you will lose one headlight and not really notice until the second bulb blows. When that happens of course you don't have any lights, and we always notice that. So, for the money I would replace one bulb just as a test, if it works, then replace the other bulb and now it's about a $250-300 repair VS the $800 you are being quoted.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!