Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car wouldn't start with the automatic start button. So I…

Customer Question
The car wouldn't start...

The car wouldn't start with the automatic start button. So I remove the key from the fob and inserted it in the key slot. The car then worked, and I drove it, but when I got home I was unable to remove the key. How do you remove the key from the key slot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No. Does the battery in the fob need to be working in order to remove the key?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

I'm not sure of the year, but the model is a qx50

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your QX50?

I'm not sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX50 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I've tried is to simply pull on the key to remove it, but it seems to be stuck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
4/3/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: 3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
Next time do not remove the key you should have put the remote in the key not the key .You also need to replace the battery in the remote . The key is stuck because the slot door is spring loaded you will need to get a small tool to insert into the slot and push on the door then pull the key out