Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just packed my 2012 QX56 and closed the lift gate

Customer Question
Hi there. I just...

Hi there. I just packed my 2012 QX56 and closed the lift gate manually. Now the automatic buttons won't open the lift gate. Is there a way to reset so the automatic opener works? Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I haven't done anything except press the buttons (on the remote and inside the car).

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Infiniti
4/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: 3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

do you get any beep when you hit the button ?

I do not
It was working fine, but packed the car full for the beach and closed manually. Now there's nothing. There must be a way to reset somehow?

there is a back door off button on the lower left side of the dash flip that switch then try again

there is a cancel switch in the back left side trunk area also check that