Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just stalls for no reason. No check engine stalls at a idle…

Customer Question
Just stalls for no...

Just stalls for no reason

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No check engine stalls at a idle and while driving just cuts off like you turned the key off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes new iMac it did have a code for mag sensor. Changed that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maf

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 2001 Infiniti is this?

I30

Thank you..

You said you replaced the MAF sensor? Did you get it after market or from the dealer? Did you have a code for it? That is why you replaced it?

Did you ever have a P0505 code?

I had a code for it I got it from autozone the code never came back it was stalling before that

When you get a P0505 code, that normally damages the Ecm as well. So the IAC and ECM would both need to be changed. So that can certainly be causing your issue.

Unplug the Ecm and put your nose in the Ecm where the connector goes and see if it smells burnt.

How long ago did you have the P0505 code?

About a month ago where is the ecm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTfnQlxrE-Y

That is one of 6 video's on this issue with the P0505 code.

I don’t have a code
I don’t remember the code number but it was specific to the maf sensor

You don't have the code now.. But you had it right? How long ago was that?

About a month but it was a code for the maf

You never had a code P0505 at all? Do you know the code number you had by any chance?

No and no

Well if you have no codes now, that makes it harder to determine. Give me a few to look in to this.. hang on..

Thanks

Does it stall when coming to a stop? or just as your driving?

Stalls at a idle stalls while driving

So you can be driving around 40 mph and it will just cut out?

Starts rite back up

I have seen some harness issues where it bends over by the passenger strut tower cause intermittent stalling. So you may want to have that checked!

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!