Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the battery on 1997 Q45. now it will start, run…

Customer Question
I changed the battery...

I changed the battery on 1997 Q45. now it will start, run for about 10 seconds and turn off or cut off. Somone said it sounds like it is in theft mode. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. tried locking and unlocking with key in drivers door. tried disconnecting the battery. tried touching possivive and negative cables together.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I didn't have this problem until I changed my dead battery.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
4/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jake, Infiniti Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Jake
Jake, Infiniti Mechanic

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Theft mode would prevent the engine form starting, not cause it stall. On Nissan/Infinity the theft system cuts injector pulse so it would never even start if that was the case.

Is the service engine soon light on?

it is
Excellent, do you know what code is present by chance? You have a reader?
I have access to a reader. I will check the codes today.
Thanks I will be here. Get back with me soon as you can!