Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe. More often than not I need…

I have a 2006 Infiniti...
I have a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe. More often than not I need to pump the clutch with the ignition key on in order for the starter to engage. The clutch was replaced two years ago. The lock out switch was replaced six months ago and the starter was replaced by the Nissan dealership's "expert" last month. What am I missing?
3/28/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Thanks

You're not missing anything, it sounds like the clutch safety switch needs to be adjusted if it's been replaced. Pumping the pedal really shouldn't make a difference, but if the pedal position is changing it might be. Especially if you don't hear any clicking from the starter. It's possible if it was an aftermarket switch it's failing on you already as well. Some of the aftermarket parts aren't the best quality.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Can you define what you mean by "the clutch safety switch needs adjusted"?

The switch goes under the dash and rests on the clutch pedal. It's adjustable by loosening the nuts on it and moving it closer or further from the clutch pedal arm. If it's to close, then when you push the clutch the switch isn't making contact to let the computer know it's ok to start the car. I hope this helps, it's more difficult to describe then I thought!

Can you describe the switch and I'll lock for it myself. Thanks

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out from here.

Thanks.

Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Thanks much.

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!