Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an infiniti qx70 2014 with 35000 miles and the

Customer Question
I have an infiniti...

I have an infiniti qx70 2014 with 35000 miles and the electric current is dead, do not turn on lights, dashboard, start button, insurance in a few words nothing, I realized that when you press the brake if you turn on the stop light and the electric controls of the seat, check the battery and it's fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Not yet, I have the doubt with which fuses start if with those who are connected to the terminal, those on one side of the battery or those on the passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes because in my state there is not an infiniti dealership,I contacted a nissan dealer and they informed me that with that vehicle they have no experience

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only, in this model where are located thedashboard bulbs

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have an infiniti qx70 2014 with 35,000 miles, today when leaving work the vehicle did not ignite anything, nor the board, lights, does not start, it seems that it has no battery, when reviewing the battery is fine. It caught my attention that when I pressed the brake I turned on the brake light and that the electric seats work but it is the only thing that has electric current in the car
I am in Mexico and in the city where I live there is not an infiniti distributor, and in the nissan they tell me that they have no experience in this vehicle
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have not received any answer even about my problem, if I check the fuses which would be the ones that I would have to review in this case
3/28/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 23 days ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Sorry for any delay. I was not online last night. I saw your request this morning.

When you say the battery is good, how do you know? Did you try jump starting the car?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
because I measured with the multimeter and it gives me 12.8v, if I try jumpnstart it but I can not because the car is dead as if the battery was disconnected, nothing is turned on except the brake light if the pedal is pressed and the electric seats work

I would check the main fusible link off the positive battery terminal. If that is blown, that is like a main fuse for the car.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I already checked the master fuses and the three fuse boxes and they are all fine

the main one is by the positive battery terminal. It's not in any fuse box.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Indeed, I mean that first check the master fuse of the positive terminal where the three nuts are and then check the fuse box that is accessible to one side of the battery, the passenger side and the fuse box that is behind the battery and everyone is fine

Do you have a volt meter or a test light to see if your getting power past the fusible link?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician