Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How big a job is it to replace the air boot/tubes on a G37…

Customer Question
How big a job...

How big a job is it to replace the air boot/tubes on a G37 infiniti?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

It just came to my attention when my car stalled today.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G37?

2012 Journey coupe - less than 60 k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am having a mechanic fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Infiniti
3/27/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Intake air tubes?

Sorry I missed you. Yes Intake air tubes. I will sign in again later.

Those are really easy. Maybe 20 mins at the most.

You pop the upper engine cover off.

Each intake tube has a clamp that is 8mm or flat head screw driver to loosen. The passenger side has a 10 mm bolt you have to pop off and then you wiggle and pop off the intake tubes..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

I am new to this membership. Next time I will contact you prior to commencing the work. Thank you for your offer of assistance.

No problem.. Any time.. So you know if you do have follow up questions on this, you are always welcome to return back. You just need to return back to this question.

To return back to this question you only need to log into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions. This way I could continue to help you if you have any follow up questions. They are no extra charge even after you Rate me.