Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Check engine light is on. OBD error code reads P0090 and

Check engine light is on. OBD error code reads P0090 and P0087
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2011 QX56
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not fixing myself. Just had it checked today at AutoZone with their OBD reader. Was going to take it to a mechanic but wanted to try to google the problem first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dan. Thanks

This code means fuel pressure is lower then it should be which points toward a problem with the high pressure fuel pump or possibly wiring. I'd expect this repair to cost around $500-$2000 depending on what problem ends up being. The high pressure pump is about a $1500 part and a 3 hour job to replace so that is worst case scenario. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I'm assuming those two codes are related and not separate issues? P0090 Fuel Regulator Control Circuit and P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure

H​ere is information from manual related to code which will give you a idea of possible problems. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm35oqm51umbw5y/0087.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a good evening.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dan, I forgot to mention that it takes longer to start if it sits for several days.

That would probably be due to fuel pressure taking longer then it should to build up. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok makes sense. Thank you.

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks.