Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My2009 Q56 interior lights, seats, and rear door all stopped…

Customer Question
My2009 Q56 interior lights...

My2009 Q56 interior lights, seats, and rear door all stopped working at the same time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2009 Q56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check fuses, they're good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The light on the driver's door was loose and got smashed when I was closing it, then everything went out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Infiniti
3/26/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I was reading your issue and the first thing I was going to ask is if any of the door lights are loose, hanging or broken, then I read your final statement that says the drivers door light got smashed. That blows the fuses.. So hang on while I get you the fuse location.. Hang on please..

Do you know where the fuse box is located inside the vehicle?

That is the fuse location. Make sure you unplug that bro***** *****ght. Then check this fuse..

just answer my question

You most likely simply have a blown fuse.. Do you see the link with the fuse location for you to check?

Do you see the link?

Hello?

I saw the link and it's not 5the same box as mine.

It is, it just a bad image and you need to rotate it.. That is what I get out of the factory service manual. So use the Spare fuse area on your fuse box to verify the location..

It's a blue 15 amp fuse..

Okay, I'll try it and let you know what happens.

you got it.. There is one more fuse, but that is the one that normally blows. So I wanted you to check that one first..

It's good, the fuse that is.
Where is the other fuse?

That one is under the hood.. hang on while I get you that fuse location

55357;�
I will check in a few minutes and let you know.

You got it...

Nothing is wrong with the fuse. Just checked it.

Are you just looking at it? Do you have a test light?

Do you know how to check fuses with a test light?

It has to be one of those two fuses..

No, I don't have a test light, but it's usually pretty obvious if the fuse is bad.

These small fuses can be tricky sometimes..

I'll double check in a few minutes.

k