Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The passenger door makes a popping sound anytime it’s opened…

Customer Question
The passenger door makes...

The passenger door makes a popping sound anytime it’s opened or closed- this just started- any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

3-4 days- I’m not sure- I don’t see anything broken for stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2011 QX 56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No- just trying to figure out how big an issue this is

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Infiniti
3/24/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Thank you!

This usually means one of the hinges need lubrication. You can take some WD-40 or other penetrating oil and spray it on the hinge bushings, then work the door back and forth to free it up. Usually this will take care of the prroblem for you.

Kindly let me know if there is anything else I can do to help make this a 5 star rating for you!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Do you have any more questions for me?

Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 3 months ago

I was wondering how you made out with this issue?
If you still need help let me know, if not, kindly remember to rate my answer.

Thank you.