Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a default in my cluster instrument panel is there any…

I have a default...

I have a default in my cluster instrument panel is there any connection to a factory recall

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2013/ Jx35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I toke it in the Infiniti service center about a week ago for the factory recall/ about a swhitch in the emissions. A week later my instrument cluster went out. Can I fix a problem like this on my own.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

What is going on with the cluster exactly? I recall these did fail quite a bit after they came out.

Let me know..

The cluster did not work all gauges were out and not working etc speedometer, odometer, temperature gauge and gas gauge. I was wonder does any Recall effect the cluster.

There is no recall on this. If you disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins, some times this could resolve your issue. If it doesn't, then the cluster would need to be changed

The service center said that the cluster needed to be changed. The mechanic said the part costed $800, can I buy a replacement part that is less and fix the problem for less?

The thing is, if you get a used one, you don't know if it's the same part number and you would have to have the mileage programmed to it. The clusters are like control units. You can't just install a used one and expect it to work.

I figured that, just me needed clarification Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician