Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you know of any known issues with 2013 JX35 burning oil…

Hi, do you know...

Hi, do you know of any known issues with 2013 JX35 burning oil out of the exhaust?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

White smoke comes out at start up

3/22/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

How much oil are you losing over 500 or 1000 miles of use?

1 to 2 quarts or so

Thanks, ***** ***** vehicle running, remove the oil fill cap, is there a a lot of air blowing out or little to none?

Only a little bit out of where the oil cap was.

Thanks, ***** ***** the engine is not overwhelming the crankcase with excessive pressure from bad cylinder walls or rings. If the majority of the oil smoke is there just at engine startup then it is more likely to be a concern with faulty valve stem seals allowing oil to leak by the valves into the combustion chamber to be burnt off. Other possible causes are a PCV system not operating correct allowing too many oil particles to get by rather than just vapor alone.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Nissan Technician