Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 ifiniti qx4 hard to start then when you put it…

Customer Question
I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 ifiniti qx4 hard to start then when you put it in gear it dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yep

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turns over inconsistent but fast just doesnt run

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was at a stop light, when i went to accelerate and it started to stutter. No prior warning. Then about a quarter mile later i was at another light when i went to accelerate the car started to go and then just died and i had to ciast it of to the side of the road. It will start with several attempts and sit and run in drive but when you try to accelerate it shuts right back off

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Infiniti
3/22/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jake, Infiniti Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Infiniti Mechanic
Hey there, thanks for the question.Is the service engine soon light on?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was but when it died it didn't come back on.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Text is fine
Thanks, ***** ***** it’s not on, it likely has the code still stored.The stalling has a few possible causes, can you try giving it a little gas when in park and see if it stays running? Will it idle in park?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it will idle in park when you get it to start
Have you attempted to rev the engine in park and see how it builds RPMS?
Infiniti Mechanic: Jake, Infiniti Mechanic replied 30 days ago
i just wanted to check back and see if you still needed assistance? If so let me know I can walk you through whatever you need. If not just be sure to leave a kind rating please.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Infiniti Mechanic