Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car normally starts fine. Every so often I will start it…

Customer Question
My car normally starts...

My car normally starts fine. Every so often I will start it and drive somewhere. Then I will get out of the car for an hour or so. When I return to leave and go to start the car, it will not start. Battery is new and once it is jumped off the battery is strong. I have heard this is a safety feature or double hitting the start button. At a loss-need help very frustrated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes and they are clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2013 qx 56 it happens very irregularly. Works for 2-3 weeks then it happens again

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. have sent to mechanic and they have tested everything and cannot find any problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Infiniti
3/20/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

explan more on jumping car ,so u saying after the jump it starts and keep running , but when u turn off do not start each time ?

has battery been checked for holding 12 volts , when u jump it ,it will run & then the alternator takes over ,so battery only needed for initial start up only

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Battery is holding. Once it is jumped battery is strong and works well. Again it is a random occurrence. Starts fine for 1-2-3 weeks then all of the sudden it wont do anything. Quick jump then fine.

we have a drain on battery , is it a weak battery discgargunf itself or a module in car causing it

to troubleshoot this issue , You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

and run a parasitic battery drain test and narrow down the circuit causing it

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

can you do that and let me know

Click on link to view TSB bulletin listed for this year car for no start condition

has key fob battery checked?

do you have any after market attachments ?

if the battery is good ( cause not sure on u saying i jump it ,u jumping it , its is weak or something draining it ) ,but if it is then we might have a rf signal issue from key fob

do u have one or 2 of them and have u tried 2nd fob if u do have it ?

it is a 2013 we are in 2018 , that is a 5 year old battery ,is it the oem ones or been changed ?

if u take to local parts store,like advance auto or auto zone , they can do a load test on it and check charging system for you for free ,to be sure if u have not done that yet

I would do that on the battery and charging system, check my key fob batteries and if none of that worked then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Battery was replaced less than a year ago

then I would scan it and get fault codes to be accurate ,with capable scanner u can check key fobs, rf signal and check all modules in the vehicles for faults, and the one indicating fault , the shop will pull up a pin point troubleshoot and based on that yu can be accurate and not throwing parts at it ,and that cars has a lot of modules involved to guess at it

the only tsb and my experience on them is the key fob rf signal or BCM module causing the drain.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat