Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2013 infiniti g37. Basically its been in a car

Customer Question
I have 2013 infiniti...

I have 2013 infiniti g37

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Basically its been in a car accident airbags blew i replaced the dashboard with new Airbags started the car the cluster guages werent working gas temp speed and tachometer the lcd display worked i double checked all connections in cluster they were fine so i thought maybe i hooked up something wrong in stereo head unit disconected it and tried to turn on the car with it disconnected ignition turned on didnt crank and i was unable to turn off ignition so i pulled the negative lead ..connected the stereo unit back up ..conected the battery ..push the start button ignition turns onn headlight turn on radiator fans turn on and red car with key in it symbol in the cluster is on ..ignition doesnt turn off until i pull the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Checked litelarly all fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thu cluster guage can wait i guess i need to start the car somehow. Why would the car become unresponsive and ignition wont turn off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/19/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you turn the ignition to the ON position, and you go to operate the air controller does that work properly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didnt try that not home right now but will try when i get home
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there anything else i should check? And if it does or doesnt work what would be my next step? Thank you

I do know that Unified Meter / AC amp connectors fit into the radio which can cause the cluster issue. So maybe we should continue this when you get home.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

No problem. If you take out the front instrument plate, you will see two connectors that have yellow tape on them. Those go to the Unified Meter AC amp above the radio.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how about the red car with key symbol in the cluster mean its on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what could get messed up with me turning on ignition with the radio and unified meter ac amp disconnected

One thing at a time.. It may or may not cause Ecm communication issues...

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician