Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Clock light went out, is it easy to fix?

3/17/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Check fuse #6 in the fuse box at left kick panel underneath the driver side of dash see if it is blown

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
It would go on and out several times for two week now out for good.

Ok, this may be an internal short in the clock or illumination issue.

If fuse is good, then you will need to check the yellow wire at the clock for 12v. If missing, then a short between the fuse and the clock

If 12v present, check for 12v the blue wire at the clock. This is the illumination wire. If 12v not present, then a short in that wire between the clock and instrument cluster

If 12v present on both yellow and blue wire, then clock is bad and needs to be replaced

Thank you