Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

02 i35 new ignition. i took chip out of old key put it in…

Customer Question
02 i35 new ignition...

02 i35 new ignition . i took chip out of old key put it in new one and used other mobiloizer/.when cranking security light stays on ..how can i check antenna ? i forgot what pins they were to ecm . power when key is on and they worked .

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

When cranking stayes solid ..when sitting with key in blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your I35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

How do i reset? key in wait 5 seconds out for 10 seconds ,,3 times?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Myself,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Infiniti
to reset security is the key in 5 seconds out 10 seconds do that 3 times? and would like to check ecm ,,I have a locksmith coming friday to reprogram ..not cheap ..thanks
3/15/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the Security light is ON solid when the key is turned to the ON position, that is a key programming issue. I know you swapped the chip, but somehow it's not reading it. The first step is to see if the key programs. So I would say wait till friday and let the mobile locksmith program the keys for you and then while he is there, that is the time to get a second key if you don't have one. Just make sure before he leaves you try starting the car 3 times per key to ensure they are programmed properly. But alternate keys. 1 key start, other key start, first key start..and so on..

I would like to make sure security is reset and ecm is good before he trys to do key . if either of those are not right from what I've gathered key wont program (?) Basically I want to make sure everything is good so it can be done .

That is the complete chapter from the factory service manual for the immobilizer system so you can do what ever checks you need on it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!