Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 fx35 and it only starts with the key not with…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 fx35 and it only starts with the key not with the switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No the battery is new but it starts wit the key only

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing but it was working before

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/15/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So I understand you properly, you have this type of ignition system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wggk0yvoe79wtao/I%20key%20Ignition.jpg?dl=0

So the car won't start by turning the knob, you have to remove the mechanical key from the remote and insert it to start the car? Is that correct?

Thank you..

Does the Remote lock and unlock the doors?

Did you have a Dash replaced by any chance recently?

the remote works fine

no but had repairs done i was hitby a taxi

Were air bags deployed?

no

Where was the primary impact? Since getting the car back from the body shop has the remote stopped working to start the car?

the remote is working fine but the switch on the dash wont turn

I understand that.. My question back to you was, did this start after you got the car back from the body shop? Also where was the primary impact?

The reason I am asking, there is a inside antenna and I want to see if they tampered with that. The inside antenna is what detects the key is in the cabin so the remote can start the ignition

the impact was left fron and partially under the front and now the switch wont turn
the remote start the car but the switch on the dash wont

You have remote start?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrus4d4x81prlib/1%20fx%20fuse.jpg?dl=0

Also can we check these fuses in the inside fuse box? The fuse box is located in the Drivers kick panel. That is where your left foot is located when sitting in the drivers seat.

how do i know which one to check
how i know which fuse to check

it is the top right fuse box. I marked them all red which ones..

Click the link to view the image..

wher is the link
ok will that help

I had shared the link before that last reply in the response to check fuses. So I shared it again. So let me know how you make out..

ok thanks

No problem..

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician