Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The dash cluster flashes while driving ,sometimes going

Customer Question
The dash cluster flashes...

The dash cluster flashes while driving ,sometimes going completely out. Will not keep up with fuel level anymore. also when lights go completely out the ac starts blowing warm air instead of cold. Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All the dash instrument cluster , milage, speedometer, anything in instrument cluster. Only the words in red BRAKE never go out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2006 g35 coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried , seems like a ground is bad somewhere behiund steering wheel in all those wires but not sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
tsmodie
tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is most likely a bad cluster and is common on these, are you planning on fixing this yourself?

Is ji t complicated?
I'm a single female with no mechanic friends, where should I go for this?

it not difficult to diagnose, but you will need a test light or a volt meter to check for power and grounds at the cluster, if it has all the power and grounds, then the cluster will need to be replaced, any good independant shop can fix this, it is not difficult, it does not require the dealer to fix,Tim

Is it expensive?

Not to bad, we get rebuilt clusters for these, they run about 190 dollars for the part, and it takes about an hour to install,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim