Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The top on my 2013 infinity g37 convertible is stuck open, I…

The top on my...

The top on my 2013 infinity g37 convertible is stuck open , I believe it’s the trunk sensor anytime the top gets halfway closed it stops and says trunk open , plugged it to scanner at office and all it would say is there way a sensor code , I’m 100 miles from the nearest dealer , so I guess my question is where is the trunk sensor and where is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I’ve never tried to access the fuses on this car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed battery

3/13/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When it comes to these convertibles, there is really only one thing we can try to see if we can get the convertible top back into operation and that is a Master reset. If that does not work, then it will require a scanner I am afraid. To do the Master Reset, you disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it. Start the car and wait till the infiniti logo loads. Then try to operate the roof.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out

Still doing the same thing .... where is the trunk latch sensor located and how much does a new one cost

There is multiple sensors and hydraulics for the convertible top operation. When it stops like his and if the hard reset doesn't work, the system will need to be scanned and top operated with the scanner to check sensor operations...

That is why I said, there is really only one thing we can try. The next part I am afraid is the dealer.

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician