Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No crank no start. lost communication with ecm. 2016 qx80.

No crank no start...

No crank no start. lost communication with ecm

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2016 qx80

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was in collision. but it was running. i pulled it inside the shop , then it wouldnt start

3/13/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Ecm is located under the hood by the battery. If you have no communication to the Ecm, and since this was a collision issue, we need to check all ecm signals to see if there is a broke wire or something causing your issue.

What codes are you getting exactly to start?

u1000
all wires are good
it was starting before but i t had a week battery so i would jump it. then it wont crank

Did you do a reference value check to determine all wiring is good? Does the Radiator fans come on when the ignition is in the ON position?

radiator fans does not come on
wiring 100% good

How did you determine all the wiring is good? What kind of collision was this in?

it had right front suspension and right rear quarter damage

Does this have the millimeter wave sensor?

intelligent cruise control?

was that damaged at all? Has any body repairs been done yet?

the bracket was bent on it
i had it disconnected to to fix the bracket then connected back and it was running after that

I have seen where it can feed back through the CAN system. That is why I was inquiring..

Hang on while I read up on somethings for you

Do you know the CAN type? There is 15 types...

no

Since you have the U1000 code and you are not communicating with the Ecm, we need to determine the CAN type so the proper CAN steps can be performed to determine if there is a wire issue or internal issue with the Ecm.

The IPDM does power the ECM also, so there could be a IPDM issue also that can cause this. That is why we need to do the proper CAN tests..

how can i determine can type?

The scanner we use at the dealer selects it automatically. I can share the Whole CAN system part of the Manual so you can decode the system to determine and perform the proper diagnostic steps..

Hang on..

Please download that information as it will not stay in my dropbox .

i see what you sent is for qx60 mine is qx80

On crap.. My bad... Hang on..

There you go.. I was working with another customer with a 16 QX60 and had that manual open to grab the LAN info.

You have 7 CAN types..

thanks , ill take another look tomorrow when i get back in shop.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician