Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a few questions. 2007 fx35. I’m trying to fix it it…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a few questions

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2007 fx35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’m trying to fix it it won’t stop overheating and my heat don’t work at all at first I only had heat on highway and it would not over heat then I had a heater core put in and it has been worse now ni heat at all and it over heats worse then I started I’ve now put a thermostat in and everything still no heat and overheating worse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

The coolant level is good and how would I check to make sure it’s working I bought it brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ty

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Infiniti
3/12/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These coolant systems can be a pain to bleed and if not bleed right, can cause over heating and no heat.. So let me explain how to bleed the coolant system for you. Give me a min to type it out.. ok?

Ok

To bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket ( See Links for images ). Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. I also turn the engine off a couple times and wait 2 or 3 mins to let the air pocket move and bubble out. In the mean time you want to check your vents to see if your getting heat. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat. Now this bleeding process can take 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to bleed. There will also be a point where the coolant bucket will want to over flow and make a mess. It normally does that right as the thermostat is about to open. So I am sure if you follow my steps on how to bleed the coolant system. This will resolve your issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r7dusp94tyakvr/fill%20rad.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86p12pabd0wr8bc/Fill%20Rad%202.jpg?dl=0

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Ok and if I do that and it does not work then what should I do?? I had this problem shortly after I bought the car and the dealer said that was the problem then they did that and then the problem came right back I’m just at a lost right now don’t know which way to go what to do

What do you mean the problem came back?

If you spend the time and bleed the coolant system and the heat blows heat. Before you plug up the coolant bucket, watch for a pattern of bubbles. If you see a pattern of bubbles like you have it idling and ever 30 seconds or so you see a bubble. If you see a pattern, then that would be a sign of a bad head gasket.

That is if after you bleed the coolant system and air develops back into the coolant system and it starts to run hot again

Over a year ago I had the overheating no heat and took it to the dealer and they said there was just some air bubbles in the system I’ve even had my radiator flushed as well and it still does this they said there was a lot of gunk in there

Lets give the steps I gave you a try and as I said. If the issue returns and air develops back into the coolant system. That is a sign of a bad head gasket I am afraid.