Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a g35x infiniti sedan. The car alarm keeps going off.

I have a g35x...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No. I usually use the fob. It happened out of nowhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G35x?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

I recently went to a infiniti dealership & explained the problem to them but they couldn’t figure out why either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’ll be all.

3/12/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

What happens on all the issues I have seen where the alarm goes off like this is one of the door latches is sending a false signal that the door is locked and opened at the same time.This causes the alarm to go off.In most all cases it is the drivers door latch itself needing replaced as this is the door used the most.

What has to be done ( which the dealer most likely did not check ) is to plug in a fully compatible scan tool to the vehicle that can read the door latch signals/body computer to monitor the latch signals.Once this is done it is then determined by viewing data signals from the latches which latch is at fault needing replaced.Then that latch has to be replaced to resolve this fault.

In most cases it is the drivers door latch since this is the door used the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Ok I understand! This literally happened out of nowhere. a couple of nights ago (last thursday) it went off like 5-6 times. then it stopped & it didn’t go off again until once Saturday night then again Sunday morning. Then it stopped but then went off again while I was coming out of the supermarket.

Your welcome

That definitely sounds like a faulty door latch.This was a common issue unfortunately and usually it is the drivers latch needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician