Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a G37, ran fine all weekend. The brake is hard to…

I have a G37...

I have a G37, ran fine all weekend. The brake is hard to depress and the car turns over but won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

All the lights come on and the engine starter is cranking away .. so I did not check the battery (?)

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G37?

2007 (Fully serviced, just had an oil change 2 weeks ago)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope all at the dealer where we bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I pulled in the driveway last night I may have powered off than put the car in park, otherwise can't think of anything unusual

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you have a Service Engine Soon light on the last time it was running?

scheduled in 1000 for 85,000
Any tips?

The Service Engine Soon light I know it can be confusing, but that is the Same thing as a Check Engine light. So that light being on is a indication there is a fault in the system which could be why the engine is no longer starting. Do you have any way of checking for codes by any chance?

The light was not on this weekend, only came on this morning while trying to start ... have several other lights on when it doesnt start ...not aware of check for codes?
Are you still with me?

Well the first thing we need to do is scan the car for codes to determine direction of repair. Or, try this..

Are you typing? what is "or try this?"

When you go to start the car ( I know the brake pedal is hard ... That is normal after it has been pressed when the car is off ) Press the brake pedal and push the gas pedal down about 1/4 way and press and hold the start button. The engine will continue to turn over since you are holding the start button. Pump the pedal if needed and see if there is any signs of the car wanting to start.. Only hold the start button for lets say 10 seconds or so ...

Yes I was typing. Sorry, I fix cars better than I type.

Will go out and try it, it seemed like it was going to start once but just did not engage ... will go out and check, anything else before I go out to the car?
Typing is not my best skill either.)

Holding the Start button keeps it turning over. If you don't hold it, it only turns over a few times then times out.. So holding it may work then,,

Seems like that is what I was doing ... but as you said I tried not to hold it too long. Maybe with "you watching" that will do it.
Don't know if you will be here but I will stop back either way
The car started. Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician