Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sound is not working. 2013 infiniti g37 coupe. G37 and…

My sound is not...

My sound is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2013 infiniti g37 coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

G37 and yes got a new battery and fuse box

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yeah looking through it now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to change the headlight bulb

3/12/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does it look like it's operating properly, it just has no sound? Did you try a Cd in the CD player and see if it had sound?

yeah I checked it seems like everything is working just no sound ill check the cd...one sec

ok

Plays but no sound

Ok.. So next thing we need to check is the self diag codes. Do you know how to do that?

no

Turn the car on, make sure Radio is off. .Press and hold the Settings button and turn the volume knob counter clockwise..

Then you want to select confirmation & adjustments, Then go down to Error History and see what codes you have and let me know..

How do you turn the radio off

Push the volume knob in

Done I thought that was just for sound

You turn it right to left for volume. Push it in to turn it on and off.

Do not push anything else in there. Just go to Error History... and let me know the codes..

Front display connection error 3
Bluetooth module connection error 1
audio connection error 6
iPod Authentication chip error 40

This sounds like a internal issue with in the Radio it's self. Lets try clearing the error history. Then hit the back button till the system goes blank. Give it a min to reboot. Then recheck operation and go back in and recheck codes.. If you have no sound of course..

No sound but nothing in the history either

Turn the car off wait 2 mins, restart it and then recheck for codes again..

Still the same

Ok.. So now go to self diag.. instead of Confirmation & Adjustments..

That should show a bunch of systems and should all have green lines to each other..

Ok what now
They all do

Based on the codes I saw.. That is a internal issue with the Radio. You have communication to the amp and no amp codes. So the AV unit ( also known as the Radio ) would need to be sent out to be repaired or Exchanged to resolve your issue.

Ok thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician