Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 03 infinity g35 temp gauge keeps saying that it's

Customer Question
My 03 infinity g35...

My 03 infinity g35 temp gauge keeps saying that it's overheating but its not smoking

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Theirs no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dash says 215000 but the gpu say 147000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The thermostat has been change

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there - how do you know it is not overheating? just because it isn't smoking doesn't necessarily mean it isn't over heating...

I didnt say it wasn't I'm just saying theirs no smoke present

so then it is overheating? sorry I am not sure exactly what the issue is? an overheat?

or a false overheat warning?

this is what's happen I turn my car on and i let it warm up for like 5mins and pull off and within 60secs the temp gauge say it's overheating but I have no check engine light on like when it was over heating 2months ago when I change the thermostat and everything was good till about 2-3days ago and my car only blowing out cold air when it's idle and when I'm driving now

okay, I would suggest that you start by testing for a blown head gasket at this point. you can buy a kit at autozone or have a shop preform the test.

if that checks out okay, make sure there cooling system is full and there is no air in the system (ie: it is fully bled).

if the system is full with no air in it, then you are likely looking at a failed water pump or possibly even the thermostat has gone bad again. It is a best practice to replace both at the same time so I would next consider this.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Hello I flushed radiator and my temp gauge still saying hot

please see my answer above.