Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Maxima 2007 VQ25 engine. I have difficulties to…

I have a Maxima 2007...
I have a Maxima 2007 VQ25 engine. I have difficulties to make it start. I am using batch firing order. I know that the typical order is 1-2-3-4-5-6. What I want to know is if I use batch firing, what will the order be?
Please help me on this issue as I have tried so many sequences but it keep on doing back fire
Thank you
3/5/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

THE FIRING ORDER IS 1.2.3.4.5.6

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Sir,
Apologies for giving you trouble. Please note that I am using a stand alone ECU which I will make the following from the ECM output:
Will you be able to tell me whether I can proceed with the following batch sequence:
1. Injection Output 1 - Cylinder 1 & 4
2. Injection Output 2 - Cylinder 2 & 5
3. Injection Output 3 - Cylinder 3 & 6
4. Ignition Output 4 - Cylinder 1 & 4
5. Ignition Output 5 - Cylinder 2 & 5
6. Ignition Output 6 - Cylinder 3 & 6
Please provide an assistance whether same will be able to start the engine or if you advice another sequence.
Thank you once again for the assistance.Kind regards
Mandeep
Sorry i cannot verify a yes or no yo your question I will have to opt out and see if someone else can help
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the reply.
Can you pls indicate whether it will work like I proposed.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
Mandeep

I have been a Infiniti and Nissan Tech for 27 years. The Injector Pulse is determined by the computer based on the firing order. So I understand your logic as far as a balanced fire where you would think the computer does two cylinders at once. How ever, the way Infiniti has the firing order it's done in numbered order. So bank 1 is cylinders 1,3,5 and bank 2 is 2,4,6. So when it does a firing with injector pulse and ignition coil, it is in 1,2,3,4,5,6 order. The intake timing operation also plays a factor in how it keeps everything timed when firing also. So injectors and coils are bouncing right to left of the engine forward to back and back to forward. That is the way the firing system operates.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician