Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’m having problems with my headlights. I changed the light…

I’m having problems with...

I’m having problems with my headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes, i changed the light ignighter and it still flickering out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2011 m56 s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I changed the ballast ignighter

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/15/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! What brand ignightor have you used and have you checked the connectors for power to ignitor and ground ?

It comes on for around 40 second or so and it flickers back out

Do you think I have a bad ignighter

I dont know your not answering any of my questions

I ordered it off eBay and I don’t see a name on it. Yes I checked the ground

ok if your getting constant power and ground you have a bad ignitor, the no name brand e bay models are not the best and dont last that long, you may have to bite the bullet and get a oem version, im trying to find one now thats oem but discount

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Phone call session started