Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tried to have a fob program by locksmith yesterday now my…

Tried to have a...

Tried to have a fob program by locksmith yesterday now my security light is staying on and vehicle will not start why

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Stay solid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

08 q56, how do I reset security system

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing yet,when out to start it , If can fix myself would be great

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/14/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

was all working prior to key fob programing ?

or you programmed to solve the security light on issue , ?

the anti theft is triggered on and it want start ? until reset or scanning with correct scanner for fault or reprogram key ,, etc ?

what type scanner did he use do you know ?

was the key fob from dealer or online ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

I am not sure about the scanner, I am hope this is something I can take myself
can you give me the answer to what I just ask

not with out the info i asked you, because you are asking me to guess without that

So i will opt out of your question at this time and open it for other expert sir

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the locksmith came and programmed keys for you yesterday. Did he supply you a key? Also did he program all the keys?

When the security light is ON solid, that means there is a key programming issue. I have seen if you have a key supplied by a Locksmith, the after market keys do not hold the programming. Or if you did not have all keys programming any keys not present will not work.

So please let me know if he supplied a key for you and if you provided him with all other keys to the vehicle?

I had got the key fob online
will get my$26 back
I gave him all the keys, my main key and the key I got off line

If you have one after market key, that key could cause all keys to loose programming. Did you try another key?

Did you want me to process a refund for you?

I tried the main key that I have been using all the time and nothing happen

Security light still on solid when you turn the key to the ON position? Is this a intelligent key type of ignition?

what can I do to take care of this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsek54llmc7t7o4/I-key%20knob%20type.jpg?dl=0

This is what the remote and ignition looks like if you have a intelligent key type of ignition..

Is it a standard ignition or intelligent key type of ignition? I need to know this..

that is what it look like

Thank you.. Did you try taking the key out of the remote and see if the mechanical key would start the truck?

no I did not try that should I do that

Yes.. Lets try that please...

ok going outside be back with you

You got it..

tried key still no start light still on

If the truck does not start using the mechanical key & won't start using the remote (meaning no key inserted) that means that the Fobs & keys were not programmed properly and would require the locksmith to return to program them. But he should not charge you since you paid to have that done. You also want to recheck programming by starting vehicle with each remote at least 2 times & with each key 2 times...

The security light being on Solid when the key is in the ON position, that is what that means. It lost the programming of the keys & remotes. If the light goes out when the key is in the ON position, that means it can read the chip in the keys.

when he was trying to program it he said he was able it what ever he did has cause all programming to be loss
I meant said he was not able to program it
i was unable to talk to any one on phone refund my $26 back on my card

I don't see a phone call request accepted. So there would be no additional $26.00 charged

If he was not able to program something, that is why all programming was loss. So then it would need to be done by a different locksmith, mobile tech, or the dealer at this point I am afraid..

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
ok thank you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

I now see that you requested a phone call. But no one has accepted it. I am going to close that out and make sure you are not charged, other wise if you are charged for the call, You will be refunded and the only charge you will see if this question.

3pac2222
3pac2222, nissan master auto tech
Phone call session started