Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just had mechanic tell me my motor is in my infiniti g35.

Just had mechanic tell me...
Just had mechanic tell me my motor is blown in my infiniti g35. But i went there to take care of immobilizer due to code p1610. He said he cleared the code and it still didnt work. Can clearing codes release immobilizer?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ok

The common cause for your G35 to set the code P1610 is the immobilizer system is not reading the keys. The code will not clear if the problem has not been resolved first. How did he come to the conclusion that the engine was blown?

It wouldnt start clunked instead of turning over completly
Not gonna go live call you can stop sending that

Phone call requests are from the website and not from me. We can work from here. Did he take a breaker bar to the crankshaft pulley bolt and see if he could turn the engine over by hand?

No. Just replaced battery terminal connectors and checked fuses

Well before he can claim the engine is blown the first thing he would need to do is see if it will turn. It sounds to me like he really does not know what he's doing. If your car can not read the key, it will not crank over.

Figured that much.

I would suggest you seek a second opinion from a shop that is qualified to correct the code P1610 which is an immobilizer system fault code.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician