Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Infiniti EX35 the telescope steering works but…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Infiniti EX35 the telescope steering works but the tilt doesn’t not I can hear the motor but it will not move this is the tilt only the telescopic works is this a big thing to fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

No where would to find that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I brought it to my mechanic said it is to difficult to fix and to just live with it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Infiniti
2/6/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This will require the steering column cover to be removed and inspect the column motor operation. If the tilt motor is not operating properly, that tilt motor would need to be replaced. There is two column motors. One for the tilt, the other for the telescopic feature for the steering column.

I have done these motors before. Normally it's best to replace both since both have to come out to do this repair. Nothing stinks more than doing the tilt only and only to have the telescopic one go out shortly after.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Is this an expensive thing to fix

Honestly it will cost around 1k bucks to do both motors..