Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Infiniti M35h, when set to heat, it blows only…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2012 Infiniti M35h, when set to heat, it blows only cold air on the driver side and warm air on the passenger side and back seat vents. Dealer wants to replace the complete assembly, seems to me like a proper diagnosis was not performed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Coolant level though at min, is within range. There seems to be no leak. The fact that it heats on one side leads me to believe it is not related to the coolant?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M35h yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took to the dealer, I have not started to troubleshoot myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Considering fixing it myself now based on their recommendation to replace the whole unit.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/22/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you talking about the climate control seats? or the actual HVAC system of the car? Let me know.

Hi Jay, thanks for your response, I’m talking about the actual HVAC system for the car.
Car is at dealer now, so if available, we can do a call this evening.
Or continue to chat through here.

Sure... we can continue here later on.

Sure, here’s some background. If you follow link below, dealer wants to replace the compete assembly, but when pushed for diagnosis of defective part, I did not get a straight answer.https://parts.bonitaspringsinfiniti.com/a/Infiniti__M35h/__6221425/EVAPORATOR--HEATER-COMPONENTS-AIR-CONDITIONER--HEATER/3868075.html

That is a Parts list break down.

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi Jay, when available, please give me a call.
Phone call session started

I will call you around 6 pm EST.. ok?

I was actually not aware there was an extra charge, give me a few.
Can we do 7pm instead?

Yeah.. That is fine.. I will call you then

Thanks
Is it Jay the Boss or ...?
I have S-Guard platinum insurance, see below.Do you foresee any way that insurance can cover the work?http://sguard.efgcompanies.com/resources/SGuard-Laminate.pdf

Tony is the Service Advisor there.

Great

As far as the warranty contract. They have their own terms. So they will ask for a part number of the failed part and then when they contact your warranty company they will explain their diagnostics and with the part number and see if it's covered.