Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 qx56. We installed a brand new battery last…

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 qx56. We installed a brand new battery last week. Now after 2 days of below freezing temps the dash says no key when I try to start the engine. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I’m getting nothing other than “no key”. Battery is 1 week old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only added a new battery. Never popped the hood myself until last week. I was receiving a “no key” status then as well...after freezing temps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

1/18/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Ok thank you!
No I don’t want a live phone call.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Click on link to Read TSB on this issue ,it might apply it might not

do you have one or 2 key fobs ?

IGNORE PHONE CALL, WEBSITE SENDING NOT ME ,NOT NECESSARY HERE AND WILL COST YOU MORE MONEY

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Have you replaced the key Fob battery, they fail also like the 12 volts ,are they oem

click on link to view how to replace them

We have not replaced them

You can buy from radio shack or wall mart , advance auto

I would start there ,that is most likely here , 2013, the batteries are 5 plus years old ,time to replace

Where you able to see the files I sent you on replacing them

I see the attachment. Is there a way to start the car using the actual key as opposed to the fob?

Unfortunately no .

do you have the one you insert key fob and push a start button, or you just leave key in cup holder and press a start button ,which system you have

Leave in cup holder

you can Get the Key fob in your hand closer to the start button and try to start it ( we try to get the fob closer to the receiver in case battery dead and rf signal is weak sometime it works

,if not replace the key fob battery and you will solve the problem

in case it did not then we need a factory capable scanner to read fault code and pull up a pin point troubleshoot but from what you describing to me , i believe the key fob battery are wear or dead

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
sir, I’ll see what I can do. Thank you!

Sounds good ,let me know if you need anything else

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800