Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Strange starting issue, experienced last week after heavy…

Customer Question
Strange starting issue, experienced...

Strange starting issue, experienced last week after heavy rain, car wouldn’t start. Towed to repair shop, they fixed the “electrical short” and the car worked, but when I went to pick up the car did it again. When attempting to start the lights go on, as if the car will start, but the push button doesn’t turn the car on and the security light in the dash board is on. After several tries and minutes, the car suddenly started. Only for it to happen half an hour later after I left the repair shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2006 M45

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Having it repaired, but th ere

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Repair shop isn’t sure what could be the cause since it’s an on and off issue

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Infiniti
1/17/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

These are commonly known for IPDM issues when there is a intermittent no start, what did they do to fix the electrical issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They fixed a “short”, seemed to work but didn’t
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the $26 on top of the $22

well if its in the no start condition they should be able to trace the problem and find a solution, if they are unable to do that I would be suspect of there abilities and have it taken to a different more qualified shop, unfortunately dealers exist with unqualified people in them

it should just be 22, and if you want a phone call thats 26 more, I prefer just to text here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so what is the solution to the problem.?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought you were going to be able to help with the problem, do you have an answer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, are you there?

I cant tell you the solution with out looking at it, no one can, there are literally 100 reasons why this could happen, and did you read my reply above?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well then how do I get my money back since you weren’t able to help?

I was able to help actually, you now know things you didnt know 20 minutes ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you joking????? You told me nothing I knew 20 minutes ago!,,,

I am not joking. so you can tell me you knew the IPDM was an issue before we talked?

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am done, how do I end this convo and get my money back???

just call customer service, have a great day !

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician