Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fan not blowing in a 2010 g37s sedan. Replaced the blower…

Fan not blowing in...

Fan not blowing in a 2010 g37s sedan. Replaced the blower motor, relay, fuses, and checked for a resistor. Still no luck...

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Car has been staring normally, has around 80,000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, if I can figure out the issue. I replaced the blower motor, tested the relays, changed the fuses, and checked for a resistor

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment, please, to check for probable causes for this issue.

What you can do to check for the issue, is first, check to see whether you are not receiving ground and power. You will need a multimeter to check for this. You will need to disconnect the blower motor and test the blue wire to see if you are getting power here. The black wire is the ground. You need to also check for ground if you have good ground and power, then the issue will likely be the a/c ,amplifier. This component control the blower fan speed. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for the circuits to give you a better idea. Also, I have included diagnostic information.

Also, there are many inputs that contribute to blower motor speed that should also be inspected. The best and most accurate way to pinpoint your issue(since this vehicle system is controlled by the amplifier) is to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. The code(s) received will indicate the area of concern.

Also the scanners have testing procedure that will help identify the issue. You need to first check for power and ground, then inspect the a/c amplifier. I am suspecting the amplifier to be the issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Good morning. You are absolutely correct. That is the part.
What's the level of difficulty in swapping the part out? Is this something that a somewhat savvy person can change out on their own?

This can easily be done. It only take about 30 minutes. I can get you the instructions. Does your vehicle have a reverse camera and navigation?

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Phone call session started

Here is the replacement information.