Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Security light on but wont start. Does not even turn over.

Security light on but...

Security light on but wont start. Does not even turn over. Battery is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

It blinks. Do not know how to reset. My son has it at college

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

1995 J30

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your J30 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. put the key in and take it out 6 times. Unlock and lock the doors. Get out of car and lock then unlock and get in. Disabled the battery and then retried

1/16/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

The security system is triggered on and not allowing Starter engagement?

Try this reset

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Are the all locks working ?

has it been really cold out side and car sits outside ?

this is first time it happened ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this has happened before. It is only a key. Last time it happened we got out of the car locked it and unlocked it with the key. Got back in and started. This time no luck.

try the reset i sent you and let me know

and we go from there

if that does not work

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son has the car at college. It is 5:50 AM my time. Can I have my son reach out to you and then pay you then later today when he is up

Yes sir , sure

read below how to get back in touch with me and i can help him

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I find Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes. Or can I disconnect security system

The security can not be disconnected unfortunately ,no fuse or relay to pull out

EBAY.COM is good source to buy or online sites

launch.com

mactools.com

otc.com

Look for one that has ASIAN software in it and covers infinity security systems

when you do a search on Ebay, enter (95 infinity J30 Diagnostic scanner Anti theft system Immobilizer )

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat