Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The seat warmer switch on the drivers seat for my 2012 M37…

The seat warmer switch...

The seat warmer switch on the drivers seat for my 2012 M37 seems not to be working . The light comes on for 4 seconds, goes off for 3 seconds and comes back on for 4. But most importantly the heat nor cool never gets to the seat. Rider seat works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Light on the sear warmer/cooler switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet... would like to fix myself if possible... live an hour away from dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's sporadic ... would work for awhile and then not ... now not at all

1/15/2018
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is a Climate control seat correct?

That is normally caused when a TED has failed. ( Thermal Electronic Device ). But you have two of them. You have one on the bottom and one on the back. So when you have a climate control seat, you have this device. This is what gets hot or cool so the seat blower can blow hot or cool air to the seat. When the TED fails, it shuts down climate control seat operation.

So that is what is wrong with your seat. But the proper steps need to be taken to isolate which one is the one that failed.

The Seat will need to be unbolted and folded back to test the bottom TED and the Seat back will need to be removed the test the back TED.

When you use a scanner to check the system, it will generate a code pointing to which one is the fault. So it's best to have it scanned and checked. But the TED's are the most common thing to cause this.

Do you have any more questions on this?

No more questions. Sounds like too big a project for me... Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician