Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The heating system is not blowing hot air from below,but it…

Customer Question
The heating system is...

The heating system is not blowing hot air from below,but it is working on top

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Haven't seen one

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2013 g37x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37x yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it happen yesterday is very cold in the east coast

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
1/7/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

if the heat is working on top ,means we have a Blend door , Blend door actuator , HVAC module issue

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Actuator locations

Click on link to view

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW TESTING STEPS IF YOU ARE DOING IT YOURSELF

ON 2013 ,IF YOU HAVE IT HOOKED UP TO infinity SCANNER OR Equivalent ,YOU CAN NARROW DOWN AND TROUBLE SHOOT THAT WAY ,IF AVAILABLE TO YOU ,IT WILL GIVE US FAULT CODE THAT WE CAN PULL UP A POINT POINT TROUBLE SHOOT AND BE ACCURATE

WITH THAT SAID THESE ACTUATORS ARE COMMON ISSUE , BUT TESTING NEEDED,CAUSE IN SOME CASE THE DOOR COULD BE STUCK, ACTUATOR NOT GETTING POWER ETC.

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Worst case scenario, how much would this cost

WORST CASE, ACTUATOR REPLACED ,PARTS AND LABOR NOT MORE THAN $250 TO $300

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician