Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Infiniti G35s 2006 coupe and I just replaced the…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Infiniti G35s 2006 coupe and I just replaced the motor I drove the car about an hour to get the exhaust welded up and drove it about 10minutes from the shop then it just died going down the road it won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The car is getting power I have the battery charger on it and all the lights come on on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have check the fuel pump turns on and pressures the fuel rails also replaced the crankshaft sensor and the wiring harness is sending current to the coil packs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has longtube headers and an intake

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So your getting fire and good fuel pressure? does it have a theft light or check engine light on?

The check engine light is on but I don’t think it’s accurate because the car will not start the cam we changed out the cam sensors because it was throwing a code for them but it did not fix the code for them

if you do not replace the cam or crank sensors with nissan parts they tend to not work, also the cam wires tend to rub and get damaged so I would pull the loom off and check as far back ans you can go

The cam sensors can out of my old motor that I knew worked and we also checked the connectors and wires while changing them

so what about fuel and spark?

The injectors are getting fuel to them idk if the coil packs are sparks with the faint rubber boot on then

have you checked the actual fuel pressure and pulled each coil to see if its sparking a good 1 inch spark

I have no clue how to check the fuel pressure on an Infiniti and I’ll have to check the spark tomorrow

you will need a inline tester with the incoming fuel line for that,

hows it going?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician