Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Smoke is coming from the radiator cap. I added coolant to it…

Customer Question
Smoke is coming from...

Smoke is coming from the radiator cap. I added coolant to it but it is still doing the same thing. I don't know if I added enough

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

My car has 133747 miles on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2003 Infiniti i35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your I35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried the coolant not to long ago. It just started this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a battery symbol and a pot looking symbol on the dashboard

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
1/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

First thing to do is check the engine oil level. This might be the pot you are seeing. As for the smoke from the cap, that can mean you need a new radiator cap, so I would replace that first and see if the issue is resolved. If not, then a pressure test should be done on the cooling system.

The battery icon can mean the car isn't charging, if you have a parts store nearby, have the alternator checked and the battery. Usually they will do this right on the car for you free of charge.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you have any questions for me?