Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got a remote start installed and now my car wont start.

Customer Question
Got a remote start...

Got a remote start installed and now my car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Nothing corroded From my research it looks like it could be the BCM

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2014 Q50 Hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q50 Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key light is on and the airbag light is on and the push-start button light is on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
1/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you had a Remote start installed, they did something wrong in the installation of your remote start. It would have been easier to install the factory remote start. All you would need to do to add the factory remote start is to buy two new fobs and simply turn on the remote start feature in the BCM.

So for this remote start issue, I would start by taking the after market system out and see if the vehicle starts. If it does, I would not install a after market system, I would stick with the factory system.